ONE-ACT PLAY: The Brady High School one-act play, “High Stakes,” finished third in the D1-5 district contest in Holdrege on Dec. 1 just seven performance points from first place. Lead cast members Tyler Egenberger and Jessica Schrad (who portrayed teacher Mrs. Mock and top-notch student Mindy) each received overall district outstanding actor and actress awards. Callaway presented the district’s winning play, “Asylum,” and will advance to the state contest Dec. 9 in Kearney.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.