Shares fund hits $1,157
The Gothenburg Shares fund has climbed to $1,157 with over $850 donated during the past week.
That makes the total not quite 30% of the campaign goal of $4,000. Money raised supports the Christmas Food Baskets Program sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club.
Food baskets with the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 18, by Rotarians, members of YCIP and other community volunteers.
In addition to 11 anonymous gifts this week, donations were received from Kim and Marcy Slack, Getaways Extension Club and Two Ten Club.
Donations are accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Gothenburg Times office, 406 10th St. To have your name listed in the newspaper, fill out the form elsewhere in this issue.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.