Shares fund hits $1,157
The Gothenburg Shares fund has climbed to $1,157 with over $850 donated during the past week.
That makes the total not quite 30% of the campaign goal of $4,000. Money raised supports the Christmas Food Baskets Program sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club.
Food baskets with the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 18, by Rotarians, members of YCIP and other community volunteers.
In addition to 11 anonymous gifts this week, donations were received from Kim and Marcy Slack, Getaways Extension Club and Two Ten Club.
Donations are accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Gothenburg Times office, 406 10th St. To have your name listed in the newspaper, fill out the form elsewhere in this issue.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout