Swedes earn C1-9 honors
Ten Gothenburg football players were recognized among the best in the C1-9 district by coaches during the annual fall meeting on Nov. 17.
Four Swedes earned all-district recognition on offense and three on defense, while three were named honorable mention.
Linemen Tre Ostergard, a senior, and junior Dane Ehlers were recognized on offense among the six district linemen to receive the honor.
Junior Tyler Aden and senior Tannor Morczek were also named to the all-district offensive team, both as running backs.
Defensively, lineman Dillon Gartner, a sophomore, joins sophomore linebacker Logan Sheets and senior defensive back Tanner Schwanz on the all-district team.
Junior Levi Walker joins seniors Aaron Lauer and Kyle Demoret receiving honorable mention.
The Swedes, who finished 7-3 on the season, had the second most players receive votes for the all-district honors.
Broken Bow, the winner of the C1-9 with a 4-0 district record and a 6-3 finish overall, had 11 players receive recognition.
Gothenburg and Valentine finished with 10 honorees each.
The Indians were the only district team to defeat Gothenburg this season.
Cozad had five players honored and three Ainsworth Bulldogs received recognition.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State