Swedes perform well at Minden
MINDEN—Gothenburg finished four runners in the top 10 to post a low team score and win the boys title at the Minden Invite on Saturday.
Brett Dockweiler took first in a time of 16:53. six seconds ahead of the second-place finisher.
Luke Rehmert, Bryce Eggleston and Joshua Clark came in third, fourth and sixth respectively to keep the Swede team far ahead of Aurora, which was a distant second in the team standings.
“The kids all performed well,” said coach Steve Reeves.
The course difficulty and the competition level was not what it has been at some other meets, the coach said, but still Gothenburg kids ran competitively.
In the girls race, freshman Abbie Mazour got her highest finish so far this season coming in fifth in 16:34.
“Abbie was leading the race with about 500 meters to go,” Reeves said. “She’s never been in that position before. She continues to get better with each race.”
The girls team placed seventh with just one medalist. Cozad won the team title, followed by Adams Central.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship