Ogallala takes top seed in SWC volleyball tourney
With a 5-3 record, the Ogallala Indians have received the No. 1 seed for the Southwest Conference volleyball tournament this weekend in Valentine.
That means Ogallala gets a bye for the first round of play.
Minden is seeded No. 2 while the Gothenburg Swedes are No. 3 and Broken Bow is No. 4.
The first game of the tournament pits Broken Bow against No. 5 seed Valentine at 11 a.m.
Gothenburg plays game two at 12:30 p.m. against Cozad, which received the No. 6 seed. If the Swedes win, they will face the winner of the Minden-Ainsworth game at 3:30 p.m.
Game three is Minden against the No. 7 seed Ainsworth Bulldogs.
Winners advance to the semifinals which begin at 2 p.m. in the main gymnasium.
Losers will play for third and fifth place beginning with games in Valentine’s second gym at 2 p.m.
The championship is set for 5 p.m.
Minden took the team title in 2009 with a two-set victory over Ogallala.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair