Summer storms destroy crops
FORCEFUL WINDS: Straight-line winds, estimated at 94 mph hours northwest of Gothenburg, were probably what blew over this pivot belonging to Gary Widholm in Wild Horse Valley. Between 60,000 to 80,000 acres of crops around Gothenburg were destroyed or damaged in violent, hail-producing storms Saturday and Sunday.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action