Restaurant to close Saturday
Less than a year after Rhonda Hansen opened the Feed Bunk in Brady, she’s locking the door for the last time on Saturday.
Hansen said a hurting economy and a struggle to find part-time help in a small town have contributed to her decision.
“I think the economy is a long way from turning around,” Hansen said. “People just don’t eat out like they used to.”
At the same time, though, it has been difficult for Hansen to hire and keep good employees.
“I know high school kids are busy,” she said, “and most adults can’t live on part-time wages but I’ve been the cook, the waitress and the dishwasher for too long. It’s time to do something else.”
Hansen said she will take some time off before she looks for her next job.
The building has been sold to Mick Swanson who also owns the Hitchin’ Post.
Swanson said he intends to use some of the kitchen equipment and furnishings at the Hitchin’ Post and plans to remodel the building into duplex apartments.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30