Gothenburg Swim Team wins first two meets
The Gothenburg Swim Team won its first meet of the season in the Plains tSunami Swim League at Cambridge on June 5 with several local swimmers taking first in individual events.
Gothenburg scored 269 total points to finish first ahead of Indianola with 268, Cambridge at 244 and Curtis scoring 174.
Some of the swimmers completed exhibition races for times and not for places. Those races are noted with EX.
8 & Under Girls
25 Backstroke—1. Madeline Jorgenson, 27.96; 2. Jaime Graff, 30.45; 3. Cara Hudson, 32.32; 6. Aubre O’Hare, 77.65.
25 Breaststroke—1. Madeline Jorgenson, 34.33; 2. Jamie Graff, 35.91.
25 Short Free—1. Jamie Graff, 26.93; 2. Madeline Jorgenson, 27.5.
8 & Under Boys
25 Backstroke—1. Bryce Ryker, 37.28.
25 Short Free—1. Bryce Ryker, 25.77.
9 & 10 Year Old Girls
25 Butterfly—4. Arleigh Costello, 34.6.
50 Freestyle—2. Adelyne Hergenrader, 49.2.
25 Backstroke—1. Madison Coulter, 23.18; 3. Lauren Johnson, 25.72; 4. Kori Kowalewski, 26.93.
25 Breaststroke—1. Emma Jorgenson, 25.41; 2. Lauren Johnson, 27.02; 4. Adelyne Hergenrader, 31.51; 5. Arleigh Costello, 32.66.
Find the complete story and all the individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%