Swedes in SWC a last time at Hogan’s All-Star Classic
Max earns MVP honor.
MINDEN—Gothenburg graduate Emily Max had 12 kills and nine blocks to dominate the net for the Southwest Conference all-stars during the Hogan’s All-Star Classic Thursday night.
Still, the SWC team fell to the LouPlatte Conference all-stars 25-20, 17-25, 25-13, 17-25, 15-9 in the opening game of the all-star weekend in Minden.
In girls basketball action, Max returned to the court Friday night to play with Swede teammates Ali Abramson and Kira Peterson on the SWC team.
The LouPlatte all-stars defeated SWC 58-47 but Max still walked away with the game MVP award.
Saturday, the boys basketball all-stars took the floor.
Swede graduates Mark Hilderbrand and Derek Franzen represented Gothenburg on the SWC team which lost to the LPC all-stars 115-80.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500