Yancy team repeats as scramble champs
Dan Yancy’s team posted a low score of 55 to win back-to-back Memorial Day golf scrambles at Wild Horse Golf Club on May 31.
The team of Yancy and Matt Sell, both of Gothenburg, Tim Davis of Cozad and Randy Beinhoff of Kearney shot 29 and 26 to take top honors in the championship flight. The same foursome won last year with a score of 54.
Taylor Hershberger’s team was the first-place finisher in the first flight shooting 57 with Andrew Thompson’s group winning the second flight at 60.
Nick Swan’s foursome finished first in the fourth flight with a score of 63.
A total of 36 four-person teams competed in the tournament.
Find complete individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.