PLAYHOUSE BUYS POPPER: Gothenburg Playhouse board member Matt Weiss, who spearheaded an effort to buy a new commercial popcorn popper for the Sun Theatre, shows off the popper that debuted in the theatre concession stand last weekend.
The popper cost about $7,000—which was $3,000 under the budgeted amount—that was paid for through a grant and fund-raising campaign led by Pam Buddenberg and Cheri Wilson. Money saved will help buy oil and popcorn, Weiss said. He added that the new popper pops twice the amount of the old one in half the time.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair