Car seat check
TAKING NOTES: The Gothenburg High School English class sponsored a car seat clinic through the SafeKids organization May 13 at the school. Seven car seat inspectors from central Nebraska inspected car seats. Twenty-one children drove away in cars with correctly installed seats, according to English teacher Roxanne Whiting, with five of the car seats donated to the families through funds raised by the class. Pictured are, l-r: car owner Nikki Salomon (left) who listens to inspector Sarah Callaghan tell her about her car seat. Senior English students Jeremy Vollbrecht writes down notes.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.