Golfers 6th at North Platte Invitational
Swedes play one girl short.
NORTH PLATTE—Iron Eagle Golf Course dealt Gothenburg golfers fits on Friday and that wasn’t the only struggle.
With one player ill, the Swedes found themselves at a disadvantage from the tee off.
Still, the four Swede golfers worked toward improvement, carding a 475 total for sixth place at the North Platte Invite.
Sidney earned the team title shooting 370 followed by McCook at 387. Mackenzie O’Connell of Sidney took the individual championship with a score of 80.
“We were a golfer short,” said Swede coach Jim Henke. “With that as a consideration, we performed reasonably well.”
Sidney Thompson led Gothenburg with 108.
“Sidney had some struggles on the difficult front nine,” Henke said, “but with the exception of two holes, she was a model of consistency on the back.”
Elizabeth Graham got off to a slow start, finishing with 110.
“We are looking forward to the next two weeks when we have four major meets,” Henke said.
The girls play at Broken Bow on Thursday and Lexington on Friday before hosting the Gothenburg Invite at Wild Horse beginning at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
1. Sidney 370; 2. McCook 387; 3. Gering 397; 4. North Platte 435; 5. Ogallala 463; 6. Gothenburg 475; 7. Lexington 482; 8. Cozad 528.
TOP 10 GOLFERS
1. Mackenzie O’Connell, Sidney 80
2. Sabrina King, Gering 90
3. Shelby Allen, McCook 93
4. Mackenzie Dombier, Sidney 94
5. Kaylee Samway, McCook 94
6. Kelly Leininger, Sidney 95
7. Alex Trew, McCook 95
8. Mariah Busch, Gering 97
9. Jordan Sukup, Sidney 101
10. Karissa Moreland, NP 102
Sidney Thompson 50-58—108
Elizabeth Graham 52-58—110
Haley Scheidt 61-62—123
Jourdan Matthies 63-71—134
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout