Math Olympians recognized
Dudley Elementary fifth and sixth grade students were among 150,000 students worldwide who participated in the Math Olympiad program this past year.
The high-point student for sixth grade at Dudley Elementary was Quinn Haynes.
Fifth-grade student Collin Hahn was awarded the high-point trophy for fifth grade.
During the Olympiads, students were involved in a series of five monthly contests of solving five problems each from November to March.
They practiced weekly under the supervision and coaching of high ability learning teacher Alice Peters.
Math Olympiads challenges students to solve unusual and difficult problems and to think creatively.
All students will receive a certificate in May.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action