Golfers play Irish to within 10 strokes
VanAcker shoots low score for Swedes.
Overall improvement wasn’t enough for the Gothenburg Swedes in a dual Thursday against North Platte St. Patrick at the North Platte Country Club.
The Irish carded a 10-stroke win, 164-174.
“We showed overall team improvement over last week,” Swede coach Jim Henke said.
The meet, played using a best four of six format, marked the first time this season that the four Gothenburg scorers were all under 50.
Two scores in the 30s and a third at 42 paved the way for St. Pat’s. Shane O’Connor took meet medalist honors with a 36.
“St. Pat’s top two golfers are outstanding, so we were encouraged that we were able to play them within 10 strokes at this early point of the season,” Henke said.
Jeramie VanAcker topped the Swede scoring chart with a 38.
“Jeramie had a great score despite having a double bogey on the last hole,” the coach said. “He ended up three over par on the par 35 back nine.”
Jeff Rodriguez and Levi Siemering led the reserves with 55 each.
For complete individual results see our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates