Golfers play Irish to within 10 strokes
VanAcker shoots low score for Swedes.
Overall improvement wasn’t enough for the Gothenburg Swedes in a dual Thursday against North Platte St. Patrick at the North Platte Country Club.
The Irish carded a 10-stroke win, 164-174.
“We showed overall team improvement over last week,” Swede coach Jim Henke said.
The meet, played using a best four of six format, marked the first time this season that the four Gothenburg scorers were all under 50.
Two scores in the 30s and a third at 42 paved the way for St. Pat’s. Shane O’Connor took meet medalist honors with a 36.
“St. Pat’s top two golfers are outstanding, so we were encouraged that we were able to play them within 10 strokes at this early point of the season,” Henke said.
Jeramie VanAcker topped the Swede scoring chart with a 38.
“Jeramie had a great score despite having a double bogey on the last hole,” the coach said. “He ended up three over par on the par 35 back nine.”
Jeff Rodriguez and Levi Siemering led the reserves with 55 each.
For complete individual results see our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics