AG QUIZ BOWL: A Gothenburg eighth-grade FFA agricultural quiz bowl team won the state contest Friday at Pershing Auditorium in Lincoln. About 384 eighth-grade students, representing 96 teams, competed in the event.
State champs were, l-r: First row—Jessica Schmidt, Betsy Potter, Carson Messersmith, Tyson Miller. Winning fifth place were, l-r: Second row—Chance Schultz, Abbie Mazour, Blake Ristine, Rebecca Anderson. The seventh-place team included, l-r: Third row—Aryn Meisinger, Kelsey Kuhlman and Corey Hinton. Quiz bowl coach was Teresa Messersmith (upper right).
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite