Gartner sets shot record
Freshman throws 47-6.
KEARNEY—Gothenburg freshman Dillon Gartner set a new school record in the shot during the ninth-grade portion of the Kearney Indoor Invite on Friday.
Gartner won the event with a toss of 49 feet, 1.5 inches.
The mark surpasses the old record by nearly 2 feet. Chris Metzger threw 47-6 in 1992 to establish the previous mark.
Swede teammate Logan Koehler also earned a gold medal in in the freshman high jump by clearing 5-foor-8.
No team scores were kept.
For complete individual results see our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC