Friday, October 20, 2017
   
Text Size

GVFD initiates quick response

More than 20 members of the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department worked quickly to put out a fire in a mobile home near Lake Helen last week. The fire, which started as a result of an unattended candle, took four units and nearly 30 minutes to knock down and resulted in extensive smoke and water damage to the residence.

The two adults and two children living in the home have been temporarily displaced and are receiving assistance from the Red Cross in North Platte. No injuries were reported.

Weather Forecast

Click for Gothenburg, Nebraska Forecast

e-Subscription Login