Elsie Mae Derra, 96 - October 24, 2012Elsie Mae Derra passed away on Oct. 24, 2012, two days after her 96th birthday, at Peppies Hospice House in Tucson, AZ.
There will be a family and friends celebration of life at Easter time in Gothenburg. A mass is planned at 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 1, at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church followed by a meal.
Derra will be laid to rest in North Platte at Floral Lawns Cemetery. There will be no graveside service.
Family members said she was a great seamstress who made many people happy with wedding dresses, crocheted table cloths, baptism dresses and quilts.
?She was preceded in death by: her husband of more than 60 years, Virgil; her son, Dallas; two sisters, Veda Marie and Mary Alice.
?She was survived by: her four daughters, Dilla (Larry) Goedert of St. Charles, MO, DeLene Derra of Tucson, AZ, DeEtta (Jerry) Wancewicz of Omaha and Delsie Fuqua of Carrollton, TX; I7 grandchildren and many great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout