Jacqueline Rothrock, 76 - February 19, 2013Jacqueline Elaine Rothrock, 76, passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, at Colorado Springs, CO.
A celebration of life service will take place at a later date.
Rothrock was born in Portland, OR, on Jan. 25, 1937, the oldest of three children born to Jack and Theresa Hatch.
As an Air Force wife to James G. Rothrock, she travelled extensively, raising her family in both the United States and Europe.
She was a voracious reader passing her love of books to all three of her children. Animal welfare was extremely important to her, and in retirement, she was devoted to her pet poodles.
Survivors include: her husband, James Rothrock; her children—Cheryl (Tom) Adamczyk of Crestwood, IL; Kim (Lou) Rothrock-Andris of Tallahassee, FL, and Dr. Steven (Angela) Rothrock of Winter Park, FL; grandchildren—Jody, Kerry, Elena, Louis, Ava, Halle and Rachel; her beloved pet poodle, Bijou.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions are suggested to the Humane Society of the United States (www.hsus.org), and the ASPCA (www.aspca.org).
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog