Richard Marvel, 90 - January 13, 2013Richard M. Marvel, 90, of Gibbon passed away Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013.
No services will be conducted and cremation was requested.
Marvel was born to Jesse and Frieda Marvel of Arcadia.
He voluntarily joined the U.S. Navy and served his country during World War II.
Marvel met and married Eunice Eileen Anderson in Omaha when he returned from service. To this union, three children were born.
He and his wife moved to Arcadia where they bought a movie theatre. They then moved to St. Paul and owned the Riviera movie theatre for several years before moving to Lincoln in the 1980s.
Marvel was preceded in death by his wife, Eunice, in 2003.
Survivors include: his three children—Mary Critchfield of Gibbon, Bob Marvel of Crete and Billie Walker of Gothenburg; grandson, Philip Prochaska of St. Libory.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities