Lily May East, 85 - May 06, 2009
Lily May East, 85, of Gothenburg and Curtis died Friday, May 1, 2009, at Hilltop Estates at Gothenburg.
Services were held on Tuesday, May 5, at the First United Methodist Church at Curtis with the Rev. Lana Fong officiating.
Burial took place at the O’Fallon Cemetery near Hershey.
East was born at home on Feb. 24,1924, to William and Matilda Ross.
She was united in marriage to John East. To this union, two children were born.
East worked most of her life cooking for restaurants and more. She was a member of the American Legion Auxiliary for many years.
She enjoyed spending time with her family and cooking to feed stomachs and souls, according to family members. She also enjoyed playing cards, going fishing and gardening.
East was preceded in death by: her parents, William D. and Matilda Rose Ross; brothers—William, Steve and Howard; sisters—Hazel and Bernice.
?Survivors include: her son, Melvin (Brenda) of Gothenburg; her daughter, LaVaughn (Melvin) of Curtis; a sister, Edith (Elmer); brother, Lonnie; three grandchildren—Lisa (Dennis), Lori (Rex), and Levi; five great-grandchildren—Kari, Christopher, Shaun, Mackenzie and Jackson; two great-great-grandchildren—Macey and Bailey; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
Memorials are suggested to the family, 503 Howard St., Curtis, NE.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair