Ronald E. Franzen, 74 - December 18, 2012Ronald E. Franzen, 74, originally of Cozad, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012, at Arlington, TX.
Services will be conducted at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 22, at Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ, 6102 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd., in Arlington. Interment will take place at Emerald Hills Memorial Park at Kennedale.
A visitation will be Friday, Dec. 21, at Wade Family Funeral Home, 4140 W. Pioneer Parkway in Arlington, with family present from 6 to 8 p.m.
Franzen was born June 3, 1938, at Cozad, to Karl F. and Viola Rowan Franzen.
He was a member of Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ in Arlington.
Franzen was a ham radio operator and enjoyed traveling, woodworking, photography and antiques, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 55 years, Patricia Ann Franzen on Nov. 20, 2012.
Survivors include: his daughters—Diane (Doug) Spearman, Debi (Daniel) Gontier, Cheryl (Rick) Vandegrift and Terri (James) Graham; a sister, Sharon (Larry) Wright; 16 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the Medina Children’s Home, 21300 State Highway 16 N., Medina, TX.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500