Jace Lee Ellis, 1 month - December 12, 2012Jace Lee Ellis, 1-month-old son of John Ellis and Samantha Scharvin of Hastings, passed away unexpectedly at his home in Hastings on Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012.
Private family graveside services were conducted at the Oxford Cemetery with the Rev. Wes Holen, officiating.
Ellis was born Nov. 5, 2012, at Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital in Hastings.
His big blue eyes and his beautiful smile touched the hearts of everyone in his family, and more than anything, he loved being held and snuggled by his mother, the family said.
As small of a person that he was, he definitely was the ruler of the house, according to the family. He loved special time in his swing, and his daddy’s voice as he was sung to. He will be deeply missed by all who were blessed to know him.
Ellis was preceded in death by his grandparents, Charles Ellis and Wanda Ellis.
Survivors include: his parents, John Ellis and Samantha Scharvin of Hastings; grandfather, Ronnie Scharvin of Oxford; aunts and uncles—Sydney Scharvin of Oxford, Julie Seimer of Gothenburg, Jeff and Jane Ellis and Jill and Blake Sutton, all of Holdrege; six cousins; other relatives and friends.
Memorials are suggested to the family.
The Nelson-Bauer Funeral Home of Holdrege is in charge of the arrangements.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics