Edna Maurer, 100 - October 03, 2012Edna Earle Maurer, 100, of Gothenburg, Nebraska, died October 3, 2012 at Hilltop Estates.
Visitation will be held at from 1 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, Gothenburg.
Services will be held at American Lutheran Church, Friday, Oct. 5, at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Tom Wilson and Lonna Grabenstein PMA, officiating.
Interment will follow in the Peckham Cemetery.
She was born February 10, 1912 in Gothenburg, daughter of Robert and Grace (Aunspaugh) Davis.
She graduated from Gothenburg High School, class of 1931. She taught school at District 81R for three years and married Collis Maurer on June 7, 1935. The couple had two boys, Richard and George.
They farmed in Lincoln county where they raised corn, pigs, cows, chickens and a garden. Maurer loved to cook, raise chickens, gardening and playing games. She was a member of the Union Aides Society and the American Lutheran Church.
Maurer was preceded in death by: husband, Collis H Maurer in 1981; son, George Maurer in 1998; her parents; four sisters, Helen Giboney, Jessie Davis, Opal Kicker, Dorothy Davis; two brothers Kenneth and Wyatt Davis.
Surviving are: her son Richard Maurer of Gothenburg; five grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren along with many extended family.
Memorials may be given to the American Lutheran Church Kitchen Fund or Youth Groups, 1512 Avenue G, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates