L. Eunice Poole, 89 - September 09, 2012L. Eunice Poole, 89, of Ogallala passed away Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012, at the Indian Hills Manor Nursing Home in Ogallala.
Memorial services will be conducted at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13, at the Gubser Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Eric Wait of New Hope Church officiating. Inurnment will take place at the Morning View Cemetery at Wallace at a later date.
Poole was born Dec. 4, 1922, daughter of Linus and Edna (Power) Bennett. She grew up and attended schools at Wallace.
On Jan. 31, 1938, she married LeRoy Holliday. He passed away in 1961.
She was united in marriage to Robert Poole on March 9, 1962. The couple resided at Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and returned to Nebraska in 1966.
?Poole was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, said family members.
?She was preceded in death by: her mother, Edna; her husband, Robert; brothers—Lyle, Bill and Maynard; an infant son.
?Survivors include: her son, Roger (Deb) Holliday of McNeal, AZ; daughters—Barbara Dishman of North Platte, Beverly Porter of Gothenburg, and Judy Krajewski of Ogallala; 12 grandchildren and 40 great-grandchildren.
A memorial has been established.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout