EvLynne Treptow, 83 - July 30, 2012EvLynne Rose Treptow, 83, of Grand Island, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, July 30, 2012, at the St. Francis Medical Center.
A celebration of life service will take place at the Columbarium courtyard at Trinity United Methodist Church in Grand Island on Sept. 22 at 1 p.m.
Treptow was born Sept. 19, 1928, at Burwell to Albert and Theresa (Reiter) Treptow.
She was employed with the banking industry in Comstock, Gothenburg and Tuscon, AZ.
In her retirement years she began painting and became quite accomplished, according to family members.
Treptow enjoyed gardening and was a wonderful cook hosting family gatherings for birthdays and holidays, said family members. Her grandchildren and great-grandchildren were her greatest joy.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Albert and Theresa; nine brothers and sisters.
Survivors include: her two daughters and a son-in-law—Robin (Greg) Hirsch of Gothenburg and Roxann Ellison of Grand Island; grandchildren—Trenton and Kristi Hovie, Cameron and Christina Elison, all of Omaha, Tracy Hovie of Gothenburg, Dr. Christopher and Suzanne Ellison of Austin, TX, and Chelsea and Matthew Boring of Hampton; great-grandchildren—Talan, Beck, Brody and Ava.
Memorials should be directed to the Hope Harbor in Grand Island.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair