Lawrence Morrison, 86 - May 31, 2012
Lawrence Ray “Larry” Morrison, 86, of Custer, SD, formerly of Gothenburg, died Thursday, May 31, 2012, at the home of his son in Custer.
A memorial service is being planned for a later date. Arrangements have been placed in the care of McColley’s Chapel of the Hills at Custer.
Morrison was born March 6, 1926, at Etna, the son of Cela R. and Esther Morrison. He grew up in the New Hope and Etna area and graduated from Gothenburg High School.
He served his country with the U.S. Army during the Korean War and was discharged as a lieutenant.
Morrison lived, worked and played golf all over the country, playing golf in all 50 states of the union.
?Survivors include: sons—Robert (Sylvia) Morrison of Custer and Lawrence R. (Mary) Morrison, Jr. of Las Vegas, NV; daughters—Jeanette (Gary) Filpi of Florence, SC, Jannae (Jeff) Jernberg of Katy, TX, and Carla (John) Fountain of Syracuse, UT; special friend, Josephine “Jo” Cartledge of Longmont, CO; a sister, Ellen “Toots” (Jim) May of Laramie, WY; 11 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar