Douglas Flynn, 53 - October 15, 2011
Douglas D. Flynn, 53, of Gothenburg died Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011, at Gothenburg.
Graveside services will be conducted on Thursday, Oct. 20, at 2 p.m. at the Farnam Cemetery at Farnam.
Flynn was born Aug. 19, 1958, at Lexington, son of Donzel and Mildred Flynn.
He resided at Lincoln for many years, then his family moved to the Farnam area. He attended school at Lincoln. He went to heavy equipment school in Salt Lake City, UT, where he learned to operate land leveling machines. He went to truck driving school in Hastings.
Flynn was employed as a trucker until his health declined. He enjoyed auto mechanic work and was a member of the Lancaster Antique Auto Club.
He also enjoyed drawing, fishing, wood working, painting pictures and writing as well as big machines, heavy equipment and semi trucks, according to family members.
Flynn was preceded in death by: his parents, Donzel and Mildred; grandfathers—John R. Flynn and Leonard Brown; grandmothers—Jenny Flynn and Hazel Brown; several aunts and uncles.
?Survivors include: his sisters—Jennie Irmer of Lincoln and Sheila Flynn of Gothenburg; four aunts—Ardith (Richard) Weber, Wilma (Clarence) Putnam and Elna Jean Bevard, all of Cozad, and Janice Bevard of Lincoln; an uncle, Kenneth L. Brown; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to the Flynn family.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout