Dallas Waite, 80 - October 06, 2011
Dallas LeRoy Waite, 80, of Gothenburg, died Thursday, Oct. 6, in Gothenburg.
Visitation will be held from 1 to 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 10, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel in Gothenburg.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 11, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel. Interment will follow in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell.
Waite was born July 11, 1931, in Pilger, son of William and Rosina Waite.
He served his country in the U.S. Navy from 1951 to 1955. He married the love of his life, Sylvia Campbell, on March 12, 1955, at North Island Naval Air Station in Coronado, CA. To this union three daughters were born.
He loved fishing, having fish fries, his Go Big Red, golf, bowling, gardening and woodworking, family members said.
He was preceded in death by: mother Rosina Waite, father William Waite, daughter Kathleen Ann Waite, brother Marvin Waite, granddaughter Sarah and great-grandsons Joshua and Skyler.
Waite is survived by: his wife Sylvia; two daughters—Cheryl (Buck) Haller of Corona, NM, and Sandra Lea Smith of Gothenburg; grandson Staff Sgt. Nathan (Andi) Smith of Ft. Leonard Wood, MO; two great-grandsons—Riley David Smith of Gothenburg and Nathan Dallas Smith of Ft. Leonard Wood; two sisters—Mildred Hamilton of O’Neill and Donna Messerly of Norfolk; extended friends and family, and his faithful dog Buddy.
Memorials may be given to the Gothenburg Senior Center or Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23