Jolene Olson, 63 - September 15, 2011
Jolene M. Olson, 63, of Gothenburg passed away Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
Services were conducted on Sunday, Sept. 18, at the Tallin Church. Burial took place at the Tallin Cemetery south of Arnold.
Olson was born Sept. 14, 1948, to Aaron and Freda (Pitkin) Lindstedt, the oldest of three children. She attended school and graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1967.
On Nov. 4, 1967, she was united in marriage to Donald D. Olson at Tallin Church. To this union, four children were born.
She loved spending time with her family and grandchildren and enjoyed sewing, crafts and music as well as the animals on her farm, according to family members.
Olson was preceded in death by: her parents, Aaron and Freda; her grandparents.
Survivors include: her husband of 43 years, Don of Gothenburg; her children—Aaron (Shannon) Olson, Tami (Dave) Smith and Dustin Olson, all of Arnold, and Collene (Dale) Vanek of Malmo; a brother, Ted (Deb) Lindstedt of Cozad; sister, Peg (Dan) Yancy of Gothenburg; five grandchildren—Dillon and Anthony Olson, Allison Eggleston, Madison and Gabe Smith.
Memorials are suggested to the Tallin Church, Tallin Cemetery or donor’s choice.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates