Erin Spillers, 30 - April 28, 2011
Former Gothenburg resident Erin Spillers, 30, of Montgomery, AL, died died suddenly at her home on Thursday, April 28, 2011, from complications of chronic Lyme disease.
She lived in Gothenburg during her middle school years.
Spillers was born June 21, 1980, in Rapid City, SD.
A memorial Mass was May 4 at Our Lady Queen of Mercy Church, Montgomery, AL.
Spillers loved Alabama football, gardening, dancing, yoga, music, animals and spending time with her many friends.
She is survived by: her mother and stepfather, Dr. Michael and Anne Marie Gormley of Montgomery, AL; father and stepmother, Frank and Kimberlee Spillers of Atlantic, IA; brother Mick Gormley of Montgomery, AL; sister Jessica Winum (Jarret) of Stanley, NY; grandmother Phyllis Kertzman of Rapid City, SD; aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces.
Contributions can be made in her memory to the Lyme and Tick-Borne Diseases Research Center, Columbia University, Att: Barbara Strobino, PhD, 1051, Riverside Drive, Unit 69, New York, New York 10032.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout