John (Jack) McKim, 82 - August 27, 2011
John “Jack” McKim, 82, of North Platte, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011, at Linden Court.
Services took place on Tuesday, Aug. 30, at Carpenter Memorial Chapel. Burial was at Ft. McPherson National Cemetery.
McKim was born Nov. 3, 1928, at Gothenburg to Lowell and Lillie (Reynolds) McKim. He graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1947.
He was united in marriage to Elaine (Gloe) Gewecke on Jan. 29, 1951, at Gothenburg.
McKim served with the United States Army from 1951 until his discharge in 1953. He hired out on the Union Pacific Railroad later that year until his retirement as engineer in 1990.
He was a member of B.P.O. Elks Lodge No. 985, P.R. Halligan Post No. 163 of the American Legion, Royal Order of the Moose and Platte Valley Lodge 32 A.F & A.M.
?McKim was preceded in death by: his parents, Lowell and Lillie; brothers and sisters—Elaine, Connie, Lowell, Donald and Gail.
?Survivors include: his wife, Elaine (Gloe) of North Platte; his children—Larry McKim of North Platte, Leann McKim of Denver and Linda Wilson of North Platte; a brother, Harlan McKim of Lebanon, NH; sister, Susie Rassmussen of Reno, NV; grandchildren—Casey and Alexis.
A memorial has been established.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater