Treva Trimble, 94 - July 06, 2011
Treva E. (Price) Trimble, 94, of Griffith and Merrillville, IN, passed away Wednesday, July 6, 2011.
A celebration of life service was conducted on July 11 at Kuiper Funeral Home at Highland, IN. Burial took place at the Chapel Lawn Cemetery & Memorial Gardens at Schererville, IN.
Trimble was born May 1, 1917, at Orafino to Elvin and Nancy Price, the fourth of five children.
In October of 1933, she was united in marriage to John W. “Jack” Trimble of Omaha.
The opportunity of employment brought her and her husband to reside at the Gary/Hammond, IN, area.
She was the mother of four daughters, a homemaker and caregiver for her husband.
Trimble enjoyed sewing, crocheting, shopping, visits with family and friends, and was an avid reader and a deep thinker, said family members.
She was a longtime member of the New Elliott Christian Church. In recent years, she was active in the Grandmother’s Club and WOW of Griffith.
Trimble was preceded in death by: her parents, Elvin and Nancy Price; her husband of 46 years, John “Jack” Trimble; a daughter, Judy Banks; three siblings.
Survivors include: her three daughters—Brenda (Kenneth) Smith, Leone Scholler and Joneva (Michael) Jacobs; 10 grandchildren; a sister, Nora Coffman; sister-in-law, LaVone Gerdes of Gothenburg; two nieces—Nancy and Yvonne.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price