Darren Willis, 43 - July 26, 2011
Darren Lynn Willis, 43, of Lexington died Tuesday, July 26, 2011, near Overton on Interstate 80 as the result of an automobile accident.
His body has been cremated and his ashes will be placed near his parents in Colorado Springs at a later date.
Willis was born Oct. 19, 1967, at Colorado Springs, CO, to Marvin Lewis and Bethel June (Whipple) Willis. He graduated from high school in Colorado Springs and lived in Colorado until his 30s. He later moved to North Carolina, Gothenburg and Elwood, before settling in Lexington. At the time of his death he was working at Tyson Fresh Meats in Lexington.
Willis was married to his first wife, Bobbie, and two children were born to this marriage, Ralph and Elizabeth. He later married Anne Petrie and one daughter, Karen, was born to his marriage.
He enjoyed using and working on computers, playing his guitar, singing and collecting Star Trek memorabilia.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Harold.
Survivors include his wife: Anne Willis of Gastonia, NC, a son, Ralph Willis of Colorado Springs; two daughters—Elizabeth Willis of Ellicott, CO, and Karen Willis of Gastonia; four brothers—Stanley Willis of Cheyenne Wells, CO, Arnold Willis of Gothenburg, Brian (Debbie) Willis of Ellicott, CO, James “Tony” Willis of Paton, CO; many nieces, nephews.
Reynolds-Love Funeral Home in Lexington is in charge of arrangements.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates