Shirley Parker, 80 - June 21, 2011
Shirley Marie Parker, 80, of Brady, passed away Tuesday, June 21, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center.
Services were conducted on Friday, June 24, at Adams & Swanson Funeral Home with the Rev. Terry Cook officiating. Burial took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell.
Parker was born Aug. 6, 1930, at Maxwell to Russell and Marie Larsen Gutherless.
On Dec. 29, 1948, she was united in marriage to Orville D. Parker. Her husband had left to serve the country.
The couple moved to Potter and then to Sidney in 1966.
In 2005, she moved to Brady to be near family.
Parker enjoyed playing pitch with family and friends, and she loved her nieces and nephews very much, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Russell and Marie; her husband, Orville; a brother, John (Margy) Gutherless.
Survivors include: her brother, Ivan (Mary) Gutherless of Maxwell; nieces and nephews—Michael (Kelly) Gutherless, Doug (Sharon) Gutherless, Jim Gutherless and Joleen (Royce) Schauer, all of Maxwell, Bilva (Gary) Gier of Sutherland, and Kent (Karen) Gutherless of North Platte; numerous other family members.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.adamsswanson.com.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics