Shirley Parker, 80 - June 21, 2011
Shirley Marie Parker, 80, of Brady, passed away Tuesday, June 21, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center.
Services were conducted on Friday, June 24, at Adams & Swanson Funeral Home with the Rev. Terry Cook officiating. Burial took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell.
Parker was born Aug. 6, 1930, at Maxwell to Russell and Marie Larsen Gutherless.
On Dec. 29, 1948, she was united in marriage to Orville D. Parker. Her husband had left to serve the country.
The couple moved to Potter and then to Sidney in 1966.
In 2005, she moved to Brady to be near family.
Parker enjoyed playing pitch with family and friends, and she loved her nieces and nephews very much, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Russell and Marie; her husband, Orville; a brother, John (Margy) Gutherless.
Survivors include: her brother, Ivan (Mary) Gutherless of Maxwell; nieces and nephews—Michael (Kelly) Gutherless, Doug (Sharon) Gutherless, Jim Gutherless and Joleen (Royce) Schauer, all of Maxwell, Bilva (Gary) Gier of Sutherland, and Kent (Karen) Gutherless of North Platte; numerous other family members.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.adamsswanson.com.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action