Shirley Parker, 80 - June 21, 2011
Shirley Marie Parker, 80, of Brady, passed away Tuesday, June 21, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center.
Services were conducted on Friday, June 24, at Adams & Swanson Funeral Home with the Rev. Terry Cook officiating. Burial took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell.
Parker was born Aug. 6, 1930, at Maxwell to Russell and Marie Larsen Gutherless.
On Dec. 29, 1948, she was united in marriage to Orville D. Parker. Her husband had left to serve the country.
The couple moved to Potter and then to Sidney in 1966.
In 2005, she moved to Brady to be near family.
Parker enjoyed playing pitch with family and friends, and she loved her nieces and nephews very much, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Russell and Marie; her husband, Orville; a brother, John (Margy) Gutherless.
Survivors include: her brother, Ivan (Mary) Gutherless of Maxwell; nieces and nephews—Michael (Kelly) Gutherless, Doug (Sharon) Gutherless, Jim Gutherless and Joleen (Royce) Schauer, all of Maxwell, Bilva (Gary) Gier of Sutherland, and Kent (Karen) Gutherless of North Platte; numerous other family members.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.adamsswanson.com.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC