Lela Davis, 88 - May 30, 2011
Lela Davis, 88
She loved the farm life and all that went along with it
Lela Ellen Davis, 88, of Gothenburg, died May 30, 2011 in Gothenburg.
Services will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 2, with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. A private family burial will follow in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell.
Davis was preceded in death by husband Wyatt, her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Surviving are: daughters Sherry Davis-Gies of Ogallala and Penny (Jack) Holm of Cozad; six grandchildren, four great-grandchildren; one sister; one brother; sister-in-law Edna Maurer.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout