William Thanel, 80 - November 11, 2005
William Thanel, 80
He was a member of 1949 BHS state football champs
William “Bill” Dean Thanel, 80, of Brady passed away Wednesday, May 11, 2011, at the Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were conducted at the Brady United Methodist Church on May 16 with the Rev. Janie Freeman officiating. Interment took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell with full military honors.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, William and Minnie Thanel; an infant daughter, Lori LaRue Thanel.
Survivors include: his wife, Bonnie Thanel of Brady; three sons—Alan Nelson of Sacramento, CA, Michael (Gina) Nelson of Danville, CA, and William (Brenda) Thanel, III, of Derby, KS; a grandson, Jayden William Thanel of Derby.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action