Raymond Caldwell, 72 - April 21, 2011
Raymond “Ray” LeRoy Cald-well, 72, of Gothenburg died Thursday, April 21, 2011, at Kearney.
Services were April 27 at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel with Mike Dennis officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Caldwell was born Aug. 12, 1938, at Ceresco, the son of Ellen M. Caldwell. He grew up in Lincoln where he attended schools.
Caldwell was preceded in death by: his mother, Ellen M. Caldwell; a brother-in-law, Patrick Turner; grandparents, Ira and Rose Gray; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Delbert and Betty Turner.
Survivors include: his wife, Janice Lynn Caldwell of Gothenburg; a daughter, Stephanie L. (Douglas) Curtice of Cozad; two sons—Raymond L. Caldwell of Taylor, and Kevin M. Caldwell of Cozad; nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren; brother and sisters-in-law—Michael and Barbara Turner, Terrance and Kris Turner, William and Christy Turner; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action