Arthur Buss, 91 - April 19, 2011
Arthur “Art” Buss, 91, of Cozad, formerly of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, April 19, 2011, at Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Graveside services with military honors took place Friday, April 22, at the Cozad Cemetery with the Rev. Jeremy Jech officiating.
Buss was born Nov. 9, 1919, to Christian and Altje (Broer) Buss at the Buss homestead which his father had built northwest of Cozad.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Christian and Altje; three sisters—Grace Buss, Margaret Buesing and Freda Parsons; three brothers—Benjamin, Walter and Ralph; two sisters-in-law—Devona and Artis Buss; two brothers-in-law—Herbert Parsons and George Buesing.
Survivors include: his wife of 64 years, Virginia of Cozad; a son, Jon Buss of Cozad; his daughter, Judy Rhoadarmer of Eustis; two grandchildren—Greg Rhoadarmer of Eustis and Heather Rhoadarmer of Lincoln; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23