Howard Hodson, 96 - April 03, 2011
Howard Hodson, 96
He farmed the land his grandfather homesteaded
Howard A. Hodson, 96, of Gothenburg passed away Sunday, April 3, 2011, at the same home where he was born on the family farm east of Gothenburg.
Memorial services will be take place at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel on Friday, April 8, at 2 p.m. with the Rev. Lawrence Francis officiating. Interment will be at the Grandview Cemetery, east of Gothenburg.
Hodson was preceded in death by his wife, Violet Hodson on Dec. 28, 2007.
Survivors include: his son, H. Kent Hodson of Los Angeles, CA; his daughter, Connie L. (Ralph) White of Eustis; a nephew, Thomas Z. (Mary Edna) Hodson; niece, Kay E. Hodson; great-nephew, Timothy Hodson, all of Champaign, IL.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500