John Reed, 78 - March 08, 2011
John “Jack” Reed, 78, of Cozad passed away Tuesday, March 8, 2011, at Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Services took place Sunday, March 13, at Berryman Funeral Home Chapel of Cozad with Nathan Rhea officiating. Burial was at the St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery, northeast of Cozad.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Frank and Beulah; a grandson, Ryan Reed; son-in-law, Roger Pedersen; brother-in-law, Troy Hill.
Survivors include: his wife of over 59 years, Gail Reed of Cozad; two sons—John (Shelly) Reed of Cozad and Douglas (Kim) Reed of Seward; four daughters—Marcia Pedersen of Plattsmouth, Deb (Dennis) Meredith and Terri Hergenrader (Jim McAdams), all of Gothenburg, and Kim (Todd) Morse of Omaha; three brothers—Larry (Arlene) Reed of Lexington, Dennis (Barbara) Reed of Kearney and David (Joy) Reed of Bennington; two sisters—Shirley Hill and Linda Bonner, both of Kearney; an aunt, Della Courter of Lexington; special cousins—Bob (Nola) Reed of Lexington and Tom Reed of Sterling, CO; 16 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren; numerous other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president