Bertha VanNatta, 98 - March 10, 2011
Bertha Augusta VanNatta, 98, of North Platte passed away Thursday, March 10, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services took place on Tuesday, March 15, at St. John’s Lutheran Church at Curtis with the Rev. Derrick Brown officiating. Burial was at the North Platte Cemetery.
Survivors include her sons—Gerald (Elizabeth) VanNatta of Gothenburg, and Verlon VanNatta of Maywood; brothers—John (Lila) Effenbeck of North Platte and Edgar Effenbeck of California; a sister, Florence Merideth of North Platte; grandchildren—Lane (Lindsay) VanNatta of Gothenburg, and Jennifer (Jason) Hawkins of Tacoma, WA; four great-grandchildren—Emma Grace VanNatta, Alyvia Augusta Joy VanNatta, Koby Alexander Miller and Jordyn Raelle Miller; numerous other family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC