James Holmes, 83 - February 18, 2011
James Daniel Holmes, 83, of Gothenburg passed away Friday, Feb. 18, 2011, at Gothenburg.
Services took place at the Evangelical Free Church of Gothenburg, on Monday, Feb. 21, with the Rev. Rick Rehmert officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Holmes was preceded in death by: his parents, Russell and Goldie; a sister, Bertha Tetro; mother- and father-in-law, Paul and Martha Larson; brothers-in-law—Raymond Larson, Jim Larson, Bernie Larson and Don Aden; sister-in-law, Ellen Larson.
Survivors include: his wife, Annabelle Elaine Holmes of Gothenburg; his sons—Jed (Susie) Holmes of Wichita, KS, and Kim Holmes of Lincoln; grandsons—Jordan (Amelia) Holmes and Jake Holmes; granddaughter, Jamie Holmes; sisters-in-law—Bobbie Larson, Jenelle Larson, Katherine Aden and Barbra (Mervin) Tichen; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics