James Holmes, 83 - February 18, 2011
James Daniel Holmes, 83, of Gothenburg passed away Friday, Feb. 18, 2011, at Gothenburg.
Services took place at the Evangelical Free Church of Gothenburg, on Monday, Feb. 21, with the Rev. Rick Rehmert officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Holmes was preceded in death by: his parents, Russell and Goldie; a sister, Bertha Tetro; mother- and father-in-law, Paul and Martha Larson; brothers-in-law—Raymond Larson, Jim Larson, Bernie Larson and Don Aden; sister-in-law, Ellen Larson.
Survivors include: his wife, Annabelle Elaine Holmes of Gothenburg; his sons—Jed (Susie) Holmes of Wichita, KS, and Kim Holmes of Lincoln; grandsons—Jordan (Amelia) Holmes and Jake Holmes; granddaughter, Jamie Holmes; sisters-in-law—Bobbie Larson, Jenelle Larson, Katherine Aden and Barbra (Mervin) Tichen; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout