Jess Walker, 82 - January 27, 2011
Jess “Chub” Walker, 82, of North Platte, former long-time Ogallala resident and businessman, passed away Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Memorial services took place on Monday, Jan. 24, at the Ogallala United Methodist Church with the Rev. Chuck Rager officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ted and Ethel Walker; a brother, Teddy Walker; a great-grandson, Drew Kennicutt.
Survivors include: his wife, Jan Walker of North Platte; his daughter, Cathy (Roger) Kennicutt of Gothenburg; his son, Steve Walker of Gothenburg; step-children—Ralph (Barb) Moul of Lemoyne, Kathy Blanchard of Denver, CO, Mick (Davanne) Moul and Jeri (Doug) Cole, all of Ogallala, Marcy (Brad) Dunkel of Kremmling, CO, and Stuart Huber of Kearney; 13 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren; brothers and sisters—Maxine Bomeke of Denver, James Walker of St. Louis, MO, Charlitt Mullen of Oklahoma, Charles Walker of Ogallala, Joanne Beckler of Grant, and Carl Walker of Ft. Collins, CO.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State