Donald Bailey - January 27, 2011
Donald Allen Bailey, 77, of North Platte died Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011, at his home in North Platte, following a courageous battle with cancer.
A celebration of life service took place on Tuesday, Jan. 25, at the Church of Christ with Ned Cooper, Bob Lewis, Bill Bryan and Dr. Russ Dudrey officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ernest and Mary; brothers—Marvin and Russell Bailey; grandson, Garrett Bailey; great-granddaughters—Elizabeth and Abigail Brueggeman.
Survivors include: his wife, Virginia of North Platte; his daughters—Linda (Bobby) Brueggeman of Holyoke, CO, and Mary Lou (Kim) Nikkel of Oklahoma City, OK; his sons—Mark (Kandi) Bailey of North Platte and Brad (Lorinda) Bailey of Hastings; grandchildren—Jennifer (Darin) Morgan, Brandon (Loree) Cain, Brent (Kile) Cain, Elizabeth, Jenna and Patrick Brueggeman, Jamie, Joshua and Jodi Nikkel, Brent, Landon and Jordan Bailey and Brittany and Brooke Bailey; great-grandchildren—Jean (Earl) Max, Orrin (Janice) Bailey, Leona Bailey, Carolyn Bailey, Bob (Lucille) Koenig, Dean (Donna) Kittle and Delbert (Patty) Mentzer; numerous nieces, nephews and other family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog