Donald Bailey - January 27, 2011
Donald Allen Bailey, 77, of North Platte died Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011, at his home in North Platte, following a courageous battle with cancer.
A celebration of life service took place on Tuesday, Jan. 25, at the Church of Christ with Ned Cooper, Bob Lewis, Bill Bryan and Dr. Russ Dudrey officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ernest and Mary; brothers—Marvin and Russell Bailey; grandson, Garrett Bailey; great-granddaughters—Elizabeth and Abigail Brueggeman.
Survivors include: his wife, Virginia of North Platte; his daughters—Linda (Bobby) Brueggeman of Holyoke, CO, and Mary Lou (Kim) Nikkel of Oklahoma City, OK; his sons—Mark (Kandi) Bailey of North Platte and Brad (Lorinda) Bailey of Hastings; grandchildren—Jennifer (Darin) Morgan, Brandon (Loree) Cain, Brent (Kile) Cain, Elizabeth, Jenna and Patrick Brueggeman, Jamie, Joshua and Jodi Nikkel, Brent, Landon and Jordan Bailey and Brittany and Brooke Bailey; great-grandchildren—Jean (Earl) Max, Orrin (Janice) Bailey, Leona Bailey, Carolyn Bailey, Bob (Lucille) Koenig, Dean (Donna) Kittle and Delbert (Patty) Mentzer; numerous nieces, nephews and other family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some