Elaine Holliday, 80 - January 19, 2011
Elaine F. Holliday, 80, of Lexington passed away Monday, Jan. 10, 2011, at Cozad Community Hospital.
Services took place Friday, Jan. 14, at the First United Methodist Church of Lexington with the Rev. Tess Hufford officiating. Burial was at the Greenwood Cemetery at Lexington.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Knowles and Lillian Johnson; a brother, Jerrold; her twin-sister, Lorraine Warner; sister-in-law, Retha Johnson.
Survivors include: her husband of 61 years, Bill Holliday of Lexington; her two sons—Dan Holliday of Lexington, and Rod Holliday of Waxahachie, TX; a brother, Marion Johnson of Curtis; brother-in-law, Ben Warner of Gothenburg; three grandchildren—Stacey (Nate) Loose of Lincoln, Matt (Shayla) Holliday of Hastings, and Rodney, Jr. (Suzanne) Holliday of Waxahachie; six great-grandchildren—Kyra and Riley Loose, Blake and Morgan Holliday, and Ryan and Noah Holliday; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president