Elaine Holliday, 80 - January 19, 2011
Elaine F. Holliday, 80, of Lexington passed away Monday, Jan. 10, 2011, at Cozad Community Hospital.
Services took place Friday, Jan. 14, at the First United Methodist Church of Lexington with the Rev. Tess Hufford officiating. Burial was at the Greenwood Cemetery at Lexington.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Knowles and Lillian Johnson; a brother, Jerrold; her twin-sister, Lorraine Warner; sister-in-law, Retha Johnson.
Survivors include: her husband of 61 years, Bill Holliday of Lexington; her two sons—Dan Holliday of Lexington, and Rod Holliday of Waxahachie, TX; a brother, Marion Johnson of Curtis; brother-in-law, Ben Warner of Gothenburg; three grandchildren—Stacey (Nate) Loose of Lincoln, Matt (Shayla) Holliday of Hastings, and Rodney, Jr. (Suzanne) Holliday of Waxahachie; six great-grandchildren—Kyra and Riley Loose, Blake and Morgan Holliday, and Ryan and Noah Holliday; numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates